San Francisco, California, United States
Director – Business Development
Education/ Experience and Skills Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or closely related field plus 7 years of progressively responsible experience as a Director or related at a global analytical company providing risk, ratings, research, and policy advisory services.
- Must have experience identifying and initiating new sales opportunities for sophisticated analytical research for clients including large financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and buy side firms.
- Must have experience leveraging existing client relationships and network to generate commercial interest in company’s financial research and analytical services.
- Must have experience managing multi-million dollar client engagements and negotiating and closing complex agreements. Must have experience implementing client solutions by liaising with onshore and offshore teams across geographies such as in Asia and Latin America, and overseeing client project deliverables.
- Must have experience applying technical knowledge of Risk, Compliance and Investment research process to communicate and explain sales opportunities to potential clients, including large US financial institutions.
- Domestic and international travel required approximately 30-35% of the time.
- Destination and frequency impossible to predict.
- Build Sales and Business Development practice of the company in the West Coast market of the US and develop the company’s customer base including Investment Banks and Retail and Commercial Banks, Asset Management Firms, Wealth Management Firms, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Fortune 500 companies.
- Identify and initiate new sales opportunities for sophisticated analytical research for prospective clients in areas of Investment Research in Equities, Fixed Income, Structured Products, Quantitative Services, Compliance, Regulatory risk, Data Analytics and strategic business support, among other things.
- Develop new service lines/products for the company. Organize conferences for franchise building and also represent the company as a speaker, if required.
- Provide end to end solutions to Senior Level Executives of the various Financial Institutions to identify business needs, mapping the company’s services with client requirements, creating customized solutions for clients, creating business proposals and negotiating commercials and closing complex multi- million dollar deals with the Senior Stakeholders of the clients.
- Implement client solutions by liaising with onshore and offshore teams in India, Costa Rica and China and oversee client project deliverables.
- Leverage existing client relationships and networks to generate commercial interest in company’s financial research and analytical services.
- To apply, please submit resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to
Job ID MAKS00123.