Bangalore, India or London, U.K
Managing Director – Head of Innovation
Purpose of the role
We are looking for an individual to head the Technology Innovation & Product Development teams at MAKS. The individual will need to define and execute an automation and digitization program for MAKS; the position will develop and own the implementation of the automation and digital strategy. The role requires a “bifocal” approach: achieving the near-term imperative of getting things moving quickly with the existing framework and teams, and simultaneously establishing, adjusting and executing a longer-term strategy of making MAKS the knowledge services partner of choice for the financial services industry.
The position will report to the Executive Director, responsible for the global MAKS business Unit of Moody’s Analytics. The position will be based out of Bangalore, India or London, U.K., with significant travel required, primarily between Europe, North America and India.
All MAKS’ technology product and application development teams will report to this role. Key areas of team management will include:
- Planning, staffing, and budgeting of product development teams to ensure appropriate execution of policies and procedures while achieving strategic business objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
- Supervising the recruitment, training, retention, and organization of staff
- Establishing standards of performance and monitoring through performance reviews
- Serve as the executive leader for the automation and digitization of MAKS’ services and solutions with appropriate process innovation
- Develop and implement the product portfolio
- Communicate the automation and technology product strategy to management, staff, partners, and customers, as and when appropriate
- Be accountable for the user-experience of the portfolio of products
- Replace manual business processes using technological innovation, driving both cost savings and revenue generation
- Gain the buy-in of various stakeholders and establish the criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success
- Develop a detailed view of customer behavior across all channels and provide a common reference point in any business discussion
- Partner with MAKS IT and Information Security to ensure compliance and compatibility with MAKS and MCO policies and standards
- Interact with other industry-leading organizations and individuals to keep abreast of emerging digital technologies and enhance the group’s image as a first-class financial services provider utilizing the latest technologies
Qualifications /Skills /Experience
- Possess relevant qualifications in Information Technology/Computer Science or have substantial Information Technology experience in a commercial environment. Preferably a Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science/MBA.
- Overall experience of at least 15 years, of which around 7-10 years’ experience of working with global financial institutions with strong exposure to capital and financial markets.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of financial research products or with credentials of digital and automation transformation.
- Extensive project management experience within an Information Technology and Software Development environment, especially in dealing with multiple simultaneous projects or programs of work.
- A champion of customer needs—the ability to understand and cater to customer needs and processes
- Ability to articulate a strategic vision, and the means to take on problems by identifying the root cause across functions and taking decisions, as necessary, to resolve them
- Proven people/relationship management and networking/development skills
- Ability to lead different teams, guide projects, overcome hurdles, and deliver integrated changes with clear and discrete digital initiatives
- Outcome driven and achievement orientated, with sound decision making/analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and coordination skills
- Excellent motivation, coaching and leadership skills; ability to lead and influence change in complex and ambiguous situations
- Self-motivated with a positive “can do” attitude, high energy levels and driven by growth
- Ability to collaborate to get buy-ins across functions; ability to diplomatically challenge status quo and solidify relationships with a broad group of people
- Plan and design a roadmap for the group, mapping automation/digital capabilities to strategic priorities
- Integrate all technology product development teams and initiatives
- Continue and accelerate the roll-out of current technology innovation projects (or cancel, if appropriate)
- Put together a Digital Marketing Strategy and ensure multi-channel delivery of content
- Develop solutions that deliver new revenue streams and protect and improve existing revenue streams
- Measure and report on all innovation from the view of profits, new efficiencies, ROI, processes, employees/customer feedback (perception and satisfaction), time to market, etc.
- Share best practices, new technologies and trends, business trends, customer breakthroughs, insights, and “voice of the customer” anecdotes with key innovation stakeholders
- Create and share a platform for ideas to be captured – a seed repository— and manage, capture, collate and communicate ideas
- Build a network of people, technologies and ideas outside the company, including scanning the small business landscape to identify possible M&A or partners that can provide complementary capabilities
- Put together a digital proposition for consumers across all our products and service areas
- Act as a Technology and Digital pathfinder, interpret critical business drivers, conduct research, ensure an understanding of current industry trends, consult and participate in peer review to develop long-term plans. Also, provide a framework for decision-making within the Information Technology delivery team