LAST UPDATED: December 12, 2016
Terms and Conditions
2. Intellectual Property Rights. All Materials contained on the Site, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. The Site, its content, layout and design are the exclusive property of Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services or its licensors and, except as expressly provided herein, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services does not grant any express or implied right in any such Materials to you. In particular and without limitation, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services owns the copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation, any and all databases accessible on the Site, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content of the Site. Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and/or Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services’ products and services are proprietary marks of Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services or its licensors. Third-party trademarks displayed on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
5. Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. While Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services has endeavored to create a secure and reliable website, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from this Site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services’ licensors and suppliers are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services’ licensors and suppliers shall have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services. You assume the sole and complete risk of using the Site.
6. Enforcing Security. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of any of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. For your protection, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or further permission from you, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with the investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on any of the Site. Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
7. Links to Other Websites. Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other websites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information and services. These websites have not necessarily been reviewed by Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and are maintained by third parties over which Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services exercises no control. Accordingly, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensors and suppliers (together, the “Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services Parties”) expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information, the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on and/or software downloaded from these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement of any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
8. Events Beyond Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services Control. You expressly absolve and release Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services and Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services’ licensors and suppliers from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond their control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions.
9. DISCLAIMERS. You expressly agree that any tools or information made available on the Site are not a substitute for the exercise of independent judgment and expertise. You should always seek the assistance of a professional for advice on investments, tax, the law, or other professional matters.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MOODY’S ANALYTICS KNOWLEDGE SERVICES PARTIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY , INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF ANY OF THE MOODY’S ANALYTICS KNOWLEDGE SERVICES PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
(i)COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF THE
LOSS OF PRESENT OR PROSPECTIVE PROFITS;
(ii)EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS OR COMMITMENTS, WHETHER MADE IN
THE ESTABLISHMENT, DEVELOPMENT OR MAINTENANCE OF BUSINESS
REPUTATION OR GOODWILL;
(iii)LOSS OF DATA;
(iv)COST OF SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS;
(v)COST OF CAPITAL;
(vi)THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR
(vii)ANY SUCH DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY
OTHER REASON WHATSOEVER.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE MOODY’S ANALYTICS KNOWLEDGE SERVICES PARTIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR COMPENSATORY DAMAGES CAUSED TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BY ANY NEGLIGENCE (BUT EXCLUDING FRAUD, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF LIABILITY THAT, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, BY LAW CANNOT BE EXCLUDED) ON THE PART OF, OR ANY CONTINGENCY WITHIN OR BEYOND THE CONTROL OF, THE MOODY’S ANALYTICS KNOWLEDGE SERVICES PARTIES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS.
11. Submissions.Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services welcomes your feedback and suggestions, including about how to improve this Site. We and/or our service providers may make available through the Site certain services to which you are able to post comments, information and/or feedback (for example, message boards, blogs, chat features, messaging and/or comment functionalities). Any ideas, suggestions, information, feedback, know-how, material, and any other content (collectively, “Submissions”) posted and/or received through this Site, will be deemed to include a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license for Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display, (in whole or part) worldwide, or act on such Submissions without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such Submissions. You hereby waive (a) any claim to the contrary; and (b) any “moral rights” associated with your Submissions. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary for you to grant the foregoing license, and that each Submission you provide to the Site complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You are and remain responsible and liable for the content of any Submission. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT POST, TRANSMIT OR OTHERWISE MAKE ANY SUBMISSION. ANY SUBMISSIONS MADE ARE DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. Please note, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services does not control any of the User-submitted Submissions, they do not reflect the opinion of Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services , and Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services does not guarantee their accuracy or endorse any of the opinions expressed. Any Submissions related to Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services’ service offerings will be directed to appropriate company representatives offline. You should be mindful of any confidentiality obligations or other legal commitments before providing Submissions in a manner that will be posted on the Site (e.g., on a blog). Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services reserves the right to edit or delete Submissions for any reason and reserves the right to ban future Submissions from any third party, by blocking specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary. The Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services Parties are not responsible or liable for (i) any Submissions, including, without limitation, any errors or omissions in such Submissions, links or images embedded therein, or results obtained by using any of the same; or (ii) any loss or damage caused by the Submissions or resulting from the use (including without limitation republication) or misuse thereof by any third party, including your reliance thereon.
12. Export Restrictions.No software or any other materials associated with this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported to countries or persons prohibited under relevant export control laws, including, without limitation, countries against which the United States has embargoed goods, or to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any such materials. By using and/or downloading any such materials from this Site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country to which such import, export, or re-export is prohibited or are not a person or entity to which such export is prohibited.
22. Sanctions Compliance. You warrant that neither you, nor any entity on whose behalf you are acting, is owned or controlled by, nor do you or such entity own or control, directly or indirectly, a person or entity that is (i) on the list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury or the U.K. Consolidated Financial Sanctions List maintained by Her Majesty’s Treasury; or (ii) subject to country sanctions imposed by the U.S. Government for any reason, including but not limited to being organized or headquartered in or a governmental entity of a country subject to such sanctions (currently Cuba, Iran, Syria and Sudan); or (iii)organized or headquartered in any other country to which the export or re-export of U.S.-origin goods or technologies are generally embargoed (currently North Korea). Additionally, you, or the entity on whose behalf you are acting, warrant that you or such entity do not intend to and will not knowingly supply or use the Site to or for the benefit of any of the foregoing. You agree to notify Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services if these circumstances change. For purposes of this provision, “owned” and “own” mean an interest of 50 percent or more and “control” means the right or ability to dictate the decisions, actions, and/or policies of an entity or its management. If you breach this Section, in addition to any other rights or remedies Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services may have, Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services may immediately terminate your access to the Site and any affected subscriptions.
23. Claims of Copyright Infringement.The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services a notice requesting that Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent by mail to: Legal Department (DMCA Notices), 405 Howard Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105; by email to DMCAnotices@moodys.com; or by fax to +1-415-874-6809. You may contact Moody’s Analytics Knowledge Services ’s DMCA Agent by phone at +1-415-874-6000. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice.
MA Knowledge Services Research (India) Private Limited
4th Floor, Plot No. 267, Udyog Vihar Phase II, Gurgaon, Haryana, India 122015
Phone: +91- 0124 – 6609481
25. Forward-Looking Statements. Certain statements contained on this website, in Moody’s news releases or communicated orally or in writing by Moody’s concerning the Company or its management, are “forward-looking statements” as defined in the federal securities laws. These statements are based on future expectations, plans and prospects for Moody’s Corporation’s (the “Company”) business and operations that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially. Forward-looking statements appear at various places throughout website and may contain the words “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “plan”, “will”, “predict”, “potential”, “continue”, “strategy”, “aspire”, “target”, “forecast”, “project”, “estimate”, “should”, “could”, “may” and similar expressions or words and variations thereof. For information about factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause Company’s actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, please see the discussion of “Risk Factors” in the Company’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q, and other filings made by the Company from time to time with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which they were made. The Company undertakes no obligation (nor does it intend) to publicly supplement, update or revise any forward-looking statements on a going-forward basis, whether as a result of subsequent developments, changed expectations or otherwise. For the purpose of this Section, “Moody’s” means Moody’s Investors Service, Inc. (“MIS”), Moody’s Analytics, Inc. and their affiliates.
26. CUSIP Database. You agree and acknowledge that the CUSIP Database and the information contained therein is and shall remain valuable intellectual property owned by, or licensed to, Standard & Poor’s CUSIP Service Bureau (“CSB”) and the American Bankers Association (“ABA”), and that no proprietary rights are being transferred to you in such materials or in any of the information contained therein. Any use by you outside of the clearing and settlement of transactions requires a license from CSB, along with an associated fee based on usage. You agree that misappropriation or misuse of such materials will cause serious damage to CSB and ABA, and that in such event money damages may not constitute sufficient compensation to CSB and ABA; consequently, you agree that in the event of any misappropriation or misuse, CSB and ABA shall have the right to obtain injunctive relief in addition to any other legal or financial remedies to which CSB and ABA may be entitled. You agree that you shall not publish or distribute in any medium the CUSIP Database or any information contained therein or summaries or subsets thereof to any person or entity except in connection with the normal clearing and settlement of security transactions. You further agree that the use of CUSIP numbers and descriptions is not intended to create or maintain, and does not serve the purpose of the creation or maintenance of, a master file or database of CUSIP descriptions or numbers for itself or any third party recipient of such service and is not intended to create and does not serve in any way as a substitute for the CUSIP MASTER TAPE, PRINT, DB, INTERNET, ELECTRONIC, CD-ROM Services and/or any other future services developed by the CSB.
NEITHER CSB, ABA NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE CUSIP DATABASE. ALL SUCH MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE NOR WITH RESPECT TO THE RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS. NEITHER CSB, ABA NOR THEIR AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS NOR SHALL THEY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF CSB, ABA OR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES PURSUANT TO ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIALS IN THE MONTH IN WHICH SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS ALLEGED TO HAVE ARISEN. FURTHERMORE, CSB AND ABA SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR DELAYS OR FAILURES DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THEIR CONTROL.
You agree that the foregoing terms and conditions shall survive any termination of your rights of access to the materials identified above.